This baked buffalo chicken wings is quick and easy recipe. This is a perfect appetizer for game day or hangout with friends and family.
I’ve done other chicken wings recipe before, but this classic dish is usually the recipe I make during weekends watching sports paired with a cold beer.
I used to deep fry wings before, but these days I prefer to bake them as they are a little less oily. If you do it right and follow the steps and ingredients I posted here, you should have a crisp and crunchy baked chicken wings.
It does take a little longer to bake but I think the result is just as good. That is just my preference. However, if you prefer to deep fry the wings, you may do so.
The buffalo sauce for this recipe is mild. You can add Tabasco sauce to spice it up a notch.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Baked Buffalo Chicken WingsPrint This
- Chicken Wings 12 Pieces
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Baking Powder 2 Tbsp
- Paprika 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper 1 Tsp
- Buffalo Sauce:
- Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce 2/3 Cup
- Unsalted Butter 1/2 Cup
- White Vinegar 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Worcestershire Sauce 1/4 Tsp
- Cayenne Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- Garlic Powder 1/8 Tsp
- Tabasco (Optional - add for more spice)
- Combine seasoning ingredients (salt, baking powder, paprika, black pepper).
- Combine sauce ingredients (Frank’s sauce, unsalted butter, white vinegar, worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder). Set aside.
- Pour chicken wings in a bowl and add seasoning mix. Stir until chicken wings are well coated with the seasoning.
- Bake chicken wings in an oven at 425F for about 45 mins. Turn chicken every 15 minutes.
- Once chicken wings are cooked, transfer to a bowl. Pour buffalo sauce and mix well.
- Serve with bleu cheese and celery
Buffalo wings healthy?
I baked my chicken wings so it is a little healthier than deep frying. A few pieces won’t hurt you!
Is this recipe spicy?
Yes, generally buffalo wings recipes are spicy. They range from mild to suicidal hot depending on how much hot sauce you put into it.
Why are they called Buffalo Chicken Wings?
The city of Buffalo, New York is the birthplace of buffalo chicken wings originated from the local restaurant Anchor Bar. This is why it is called “Buffalo”.