We all know that P.F. Changs is well known for their Asian lettuce wraps. I mean, how many of us have gone there just for them? With that being said, we have a chicken lettuce wrap that will compare with P.F. Changs and even have you saving money from that restaurant bill!
Not only are these Asian lettuce wraps amazing, but you can use any kind of protein with it. We happen to think the chicken pairs best with it, but don’t worry about switching it out for beef or shrimp or anything else you are thinking of.
Check out the Asian lettuce wraps recipe below!
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sriracha (optional)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 c. water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Large leafy lettuce (leaves separated), for serving
- For the sauce, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Now add in the onions and saute until soft.
- Then stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Now add in the ground chicken and cook until browned and mostly cooked through, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Time to add in the sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce reduces slightly and the chicken is cooked through entirely.
- Now turn off the heat and stir in the chestnuts and green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take a leaf of lettuce and spoon in one large scoop (about 1/4 cup) of the chicken mixture.
- Serve immediately.