We are all looking for comfort food recipes, right? This apple pork pot roast recipe will be the perfect choice for you, even if it takes some time to cook! This dish will take you a little longer to cook, but the flavors will be worth it in the end.
There are different ways you can cook the Apple Pork Pot Roast, but we recommend using a dutch oven. This will allow the meat to cook the best way and leave you with some very tender and juicy meat. You can also cook it using a slow cooker or pressure cooker, however, it would no longer be considered a pot roast since you did not use a pot to cook it!
Check out the Apple Pork Pot Roast recipe below!
- 3 lbs. Pork shoulder roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 apples cored and chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions chopped
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups apple juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To begin, rub salt and pepper all over the pork roast and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the cooking oil.
- Once hot, sear the pork until the color turns light to medium brown on all sides.
- Now pour in the apple juice and beef broth and let it boil.
- During this time, preheat the over to 310 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now add in the onion, chopped apples, thyme and rosemary to the pork roast.
- Cover the Dutch oven and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now turn off the stove top heat.
- Then place the Dutch oven into the conventional oven and roast for 150 to 180 minutes.
- Once done, remove the roast from the Dutch oven and arrange on a serving plate.
- In a separate pan, strain the remaining sauce and thicken by cooking it further until the liquid evaporates and the desired thickness is achieved. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Now pour that sauce over the pot roast.
- Serve and enjoy!