After a hard day of work, sometimes you don’t feel like slaving over the stove all night cooking dinner. That’s where this American chop suey recipe comes into play! Not only is it easy to make, it won’t leave many dishes to do afterwards also, as it takes only one pot to make!
Sure, this is American chop suey, but it definitely has those Filipino tastes we all love. Plus, it will be easy on your budget, as most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry. Add in the fact it takes just 30 minutes to make and we are sold! Check out the American chop suey recipe here!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups tomato juice (or beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- Using a pot, heat the oil
- Once heated, add in the onions and bell peppers and cook until softened.
- Now add in the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat and cooking until lightly browned.
- Season it with salt and pepper to taste and drain any of the excess oil.
- Then add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato juice (or beef broth), tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dried oregano, dried basil and sugar.
- Stir until everything is completely combined and then bring to a boil.
- Now stir in the uncooked macaroni.
- Lower the heat, cover and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Again, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto serving plates and serve with Worcestershire sauce on the side and, if desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Source: Kawaling Pinoy